IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE COURSE DETAILS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING
This is the basic level of coaching qualification, which gives outline knowledge of basketball, and enables the holder to introduce basketball to individuals, groups and people with particular needs; and to assist a Level 2 coach (or above).
– Parents of performers, Sports Centre Staff, Teachers, Youth Workers, Players or ex-players, Adult Volunteers and Students.
– The holder is not covered by Basketball’s insurance for working unsupervised and must work under the supervision of a minimum of a Level 1 Coach Award holder.
**Candidates who enrolled onto this course should download and complete the Coaching Practice Requirements and Home Study Questions before attending the first day of the course.
By successfully completing a Level 1 coaching qualification, as part of a UKCC endorsed coach education programme, coaches will be able to:
- Prepare for the delivery of coaching activities
- Deliver prepared activities of the coaching sessions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of coaching activities
- Gain knowledge and understanding of all elements of good coaching practice
- Course Exam/Certificate?
Students will be required to demonstrate an understanding and application of certain coaching techniques in an appropriate environment. The assessment of the Practical Syllabus will be assessed by the course tutor on a minimum of one 15 minute coaching session providing a good demonstration of the basic skills of basketball. A 30 minute written multiple choice answer paper will be conducted to assess candidate’s knowledge and understanding.